Ted's neverending analysis of life

Monday, September 09, 2002

I don't know if I'm going to keep doing this damn thing. I just wrote a long bit and pressed a key by accident on my keyboard and it went back to the previous page without saving anything. Really pisses me off. We'll see, but it better not keep pissing me off.

My coach here at work asked me to answer some questions about my job. I was very honest in my answers. I saw some guys turn in total asskissing bullshit stuff which was a total lie. So I'm gonna post it here. It says a lot about how I feel:

1. Why are you at AOL?
At first, it was a fill-in job for me, after I left teaching. I did not intend to stay. After some time here, I wanted to stay to see how the stock would perform and if I could buy a house with my stock. Now, I have mostly lost faith in the stock's ability to pay for even a small down payment for a house. I have been looking, although not seriously, into finding another job, but the job market for the positions I am interested in is currently very poor. Therefore, I see no reason to leave at this time.

2. Where do you want to be at AOL?
In a more-technical positon in which I can be promoted to higher technical positions. Currently, I cannot be promoted to any such position and stay in Jacksonville, except for our Ops department, which is very small--and I realize my chances of getting a position there are slim. I have no desire to enter into AOL management positions, as I feel my abilities are best used in a technical position.

3. Are you willing to relocate?
For the right position and for the right pay, I would be willing to relocate to another position on the East coast only. I will not relocate to Tucson, California, Washington, or any other location not on the East coast. I would be willing to move to Virginia, however not at the current time. I am very wary that another corporate restructuring is about to take place. I will wait for "the dust to settle" from that situation before I apply for VA positions. I do not think it wise to look into VA positions right now.



Anyway.

So otherwise not too much has changed. I hit a 1-foot-deep pothole leaving the call center on Friday night which totally destroyed my alloy rim. That was another thing that really pissed me off. It's gonna cost me at least a hundred to get a new one, and a LOT more if I want a matching one. I'll probably get a steel rim to ride on till I can make it to a junkyard which will hopefully have an alloy rim that matches the other 3 rims I have. The doughnut thing I have to ride on for now sounds like crap when I drive on it. I hope to get that fixed tomorrow.

I finally got a cell phone. Whoo hoo. Nothing life altering but it is kinda neat It's a palm phone and has a lot of extra features. Tonight I have to work on sending off the rebates for it.

The Eagles lost yesterday in a heartbreaker. Another thing that sucked really bad.

Oh well, life will get better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home