Today is my birthday. It doesn't mean as much anymore. If there isn't a significant other, anymore, it's just nothing big and I almost forget it's coming. Tonight I'm going to dinner at First Street Grille with some friends. And my family sent me some presents. Maybe it would feel more like a special day if I weren't working. I tried to get today off and it was taken.
Today has turned out to be pretty frustrating. I took 8 calls before noon--it's been REALLY slow at work lately, which is good--and that 8th call was a guy who couldn't print this word document. Every time he did it crashed his computer, even though he could open it and make changes to it just fine. I had him send it to me, seriously doubting the problem could be the file itself, and it not only crashed my computer, but ruined my AOL and a bunch of other things. So I spent a good 4 hours recovering from that. At least I was off the phones for that,though.
I do have off next Monday the 12th. I took a whole bunch of Mondays off. Now that I have been working here for 5 years, I get 8.37 hours of vacation every 2 weeks. So I have all this time I have to take off or else I lose it. I will prolly play golf with some guys from the softball team on that day.
The team is in a kind of slump. We haven't won a game we actually played since the 2nd game of the season, and won another one by forfeit, so we're 3-4 now. I've played the field very well, though, and only have 1 error so far. My hitting is average, could be better. Of course I want to win, but I am glad I'm not the one costing us wins anymore. And the guys on the team are a good bunch...they just haven't played well in the field lately. Maybe we really should be in the C league.
I finished "The Summons." It was nothing special. I can't say I'd really recommend it. For a "legal thriller" it wasn't very thrilling and not much happened. Now I'm reading "Blood Music" by Greg Bear, my favoritest author of all time. This is the novel that first got him noticed, and is supposed to be really good.
My friend tells me my roommate is again under the microscope at work and could lose his job. At this point I just don't care. He makes it hard for me to really care if anything bad happens to him. Sometimes he's just such a prick I just go in my room and close the door. He's got a girlfriend who is kinda cool, and he spends a lot of time with her, which is good. If she dumps him he'll be insufferable.
Today has turned out to be pretty frustrating. I took 8 calls before noon--it's been REALLY slow at work lately, which is good--and that 8th call was a guy who couldn't print this word document. Every time he did it crashed his computer, even though he could open it and make changes to it just fine. I had him send it to me, seriously doubting the problem could be the file itself, and it not only crashed my computer, but ruined my AOL and a bunch of other things. So I spent a good 4 hours recovering from that. At least I was off the phones for that,though.
I do have off next Monday the 12th. I took a whole bunch of Mondays off. Now that I have been working here for 5 years, I get 8.37 hours of vacation every 2 weeks. So I have all this time I have to take off or else I lose it. I will prolly play golf with some guys from the softball team on that day.
The team is in a kind of slump. We haven't won a game we actually played since the 2nd game of the season, and won another one by forfeit, so we're 3-4 now. I've played the field very well, though, and only have 1 error so far. My hitting is average, could be better. Of course I want to win, but I am glad I'm not the one costing us wins anymore. And the guys on the team are a good bunch...they just haven't played well in the field lately. Maybe we really should be in the C league.
I finished "The Summons." It was nothing special. I can't say I'd really recommend it. For a "legal thriller" it wasn't very thrilling and not much happened. Now I'm reading "Blood Music" by Greg Bear, my favoritest author of all time. This is the novel that first got him noticed, and is supposed to be really good.
My friend tells me my roommate is again under the microscope at work and could lose his job. At this point I just don't care. He makes it hard for me to really care if anything bad happens to him. Sometimes he's just such a prick I just go in my room and close the door. He's got a girlfriend who is kinda cool, and he spends a lot of time with her, which is good. If she dumps him he'll be insufferable.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home