Haven't written in a long time. I apologize to my few readers....
We won on Thursday night 16-4. Run ruled another team that couldn't hang with us. I didn't play that well. I made a bad error, although I went 2-3 with the bat and had 2 walks. I don't really want to blame the rain.....but it was pouring and I forgot to bring my contacts, so I was wearing my glasses which were covered with water and had a ball hit to me that bounced off my cleat. Right under my glove. Shit like that is just embarrassing.
I just realized I never really finished the Jim story. Basically, after he cheap-shotted me and got 5 good hits in on my apparently very hard head, and then he called and threatened that it "wasn't over", I called him. We talked it out, I guess. Really, all I wanted was reassurance that this nut wasn't gonna be camping out in my apartment parking lot with a gun or something. So once I felt comfortable with walking out my front door, I stopped talking to him. He sent me an IM like 2 weeks ago saying I needed to "be a man and get over it." Uh, whatever. Anyway, this guy I'd known and could I guess call a friend for 3 years has since been just another dude at work. No reason to continue that "relationship." He's going down hard, and soon. I bet he's dealing drugs again. All that time, he was really a friend I had by accident, who I guess I kept on speaking terms cuz he was "interesting." Most total nutsos are interesting in some way, and Jim was quite a character. But to hell with that now. H'es gonna go down without me around to pick him up. I figger he's going to jail, maybe for a long time, after he gets busted. It's really just a matter of time. I can't believe he's made it this long.
So I've kept in touch somewhat with his ex, Candace. She helped me out with some cash loans, small ones, and after I helped her set up some things on her computer, she ordered me this workout machine I wanted. She tosses around her money like crazy. I guess I get along with her okay. She's too much like Jim--totally self-destructive and no future ahead of her...although she does have money from her parents. She'll find a way to blow it. She's just not very smart. Anyway I've just kinda held her at arm's length for a long time. Most men I've seen that have met her are like wow she is such a hot babe. I just don't think she is though. She has an okay bod, but ya throw in her drug induced lack of brain cells and I guess maybe I'm old now or whatever but she's just not hot to me.
Anyway I went to get this bedframe from her, which she wanted to get rid of after she got all new apartment furniture....since the one I've had the last ten years pretty much sucks and needs constant adjusting. I hadn't talked to her, really, in like 5 weeks or so.....so I had a few drinks with her and she rambled on as usual and I didn't get a word in. She got REALLY horny and stoned and next thing I knew we were kissing.....and then....she goes down on me. I wasn't about to stop her.
Then I left. I definitely don't want this to turn into anything that lasts, like....at all. I think I've made it clear that I just don't have a whole lot of respect for her. She's not a bad person....but she stands absolutely no chance of being someone I'd be interested in long term.
She called me a little while ago. It's been such a "dry" season for me that I had to flirt with her some. Maybe I'll get some more where that came from, I don't know. When you're a lonely single guy and a chick just plops down in your lap what else would you do?
Otherwise....not much is going on. I've been busier than ever at work. The stuff I'm doing has helped me get my long-sought-after "big picture". It's also been VERY time consuming....and while the idiots around me sit around on the phones in available and do mostly nothing I've been spending a crapload of time fixing their fuckups and doing other work for them.
I am very much a "big picture" person. Some people are satisfied with knowing just bits and pieces and small components of their lives and jobs, and don't really feel the need to try to connect-the-dots and make sense of the big picture like I always do. This is why, I think, it takes me time to feel comfortable in any new situation. I've been working the help desk at AOL for a year and a half....and we cover such a diverse list of stuff that any "big picture" would be hard to assemble....but I have finally gotten that "I understand" feeling that I long for in any new position. So....I guess that means it's time for me to move on...hehe. That seems to be what I do. I get this kind of feeling....and get bored and leave.
I had today (Friday) and will have Monday off. Originally it was just Paid Time Off (PTO) I had to burn....then I planned my A+ certification test around it. So I studied today and cleaned my apartment between chapters of my A+ book. Although I thoroughly understand what I was going over....this is kind of how I like to prepare for big tests. I fully intend to ace this test.
I've always been a very good test-taker. I still laugh at how I ended up getting a 1.8 GPA in high school....mostly cuz I never did homework and had a horrendous 9th grade...and then doubled that GPA in college.
Having quit smoking cigs has been something overdue. It's funny how most people that met me would see me smoking and be like...."you SMOKE???? I didn't take you for a smoker." Yeah I'm not anymore. Smoking is bad mmmmkay? It's been 6 weeks now. Last time, a year and a half ago, I quit for 3 months, then had a stressful week and then went back. But I can't do that again. Besides, smoking definitely limits your "marketability" on the singles market. You see peronal ads that say "non smoker seeks no smoker" but you never see "smoker seeks smoker." So by not smoking I like really increase my possibilities. This didn't help when I didn't smoke, before I turned 25, but it can't hurt anyway....
Well hopefully I will write more often in the next week and not have so much to say next time, hehe......
We won on Thursday night 16-4. Run ruled another team that couldn't hang with us. I didn't play that well. I made a bad error, although I went 2-3 with the bat and had 2 walks. I don't really want to blame the rain.....but it was pouring and I forgot to bring my contacts, so I was wearing my glasses which were covered with water and had a ball hit to me that bounced off my cleat. Right under my glove. Shit like that is just embarrassing.
I just realized I never really finished the Jim story. Basically, after he cheap-shotted me and got 5 good hits in on my apparently very hard head, and then he called and threatened that it "wasn't over", I called him. We talked it out, I guess. Really, all I wanted was reassurance that this nut wasn't gonna be camping out in my apartment parking lot with a gun or something. So once I felt comfortable with walking out my front door, I stopped talking to him. He sent me an IM like 2 weeks ago saying I needed to "be a man and get over it." Uh, whatever. Anyway, this guy I'd known and could I guess call a friend for 3 years has since been just another dude at work. No reason to continue that "relationship." He's going down hard, and soon. I bet he's dealing drugs again. All that time, he was really a friend I had by accident, who I guess I kept on speaking terms cuz he was "interesting." Most total nutsos are interesting in some way, and Jim was quite a character. But to hell with that now. H'es gonna go down without me around to pick him up. I figger he's going to jail, maybe for a long time, after he gets busted. It's really just a matter of time. I can't believe he's made it this long.
So I've kept in touch somewhat with his ex, Candace. She helped me out with some cash loans, small ones, and after I helped her set up some things on her computer, she ordered me this workout machine I wanted. She tosses around her money like crazy. I guess I get along with her okay. She's too much like Jim--totally self-destructive and no future ahead of her...although she does have money from her parents. She'll find a way to blow it. She's just not very smart. Anyway I've just kinda held her at arm's length for a long time. Most men I've seen that have met her are like wow she is such a hot babe. I just don't think she is though. She has an okay bod, but ya throw in her drug induced lack of brain cells and I guess maybe I'm old now or whatever but she's just not hot to me.
Anyway I went to get this bedframe from her, which she wanted to get rid of after she got all new apartment furniture....since the one I've had the last ten years pretty much sucks and needs constant adjusting. I hadn't talked to her, really, in like 5 weeks or so.....so I had a few drinks with her and she rambled on as usual and I didn't get a word in. She got REALLY horny and stoned and next thing I knew we were kissing.....and then....she goes down on me. I wasn't about to stop her.
Then I left. I definitely don't want this to turn into anything that lasts, like....at all. I think I've made it clear that I just don't have a whole lot of respect for her. She's not a bad person....but she stands absolutely no chance of being someone I'd be interested in long term.
She called me a little while ago. It's been such a "dry" season for me that I had to flirt with her some. Maybe I'll get some more where that came from, I don't know. When you're a lonely single guy and a chick just plops down in your lap what else would you do?
Otherwise....not much is going on. I've been busier than ever at work. The stuff I'm doing has helped me get my long-sought-after "big picture". It's also been VERY time consuming....and while the idiots around me sit around on the phones in available and do mostly nothing I've been spending a crapload of time fixing their fuckups and doing other work for them.
I am very much a "big picture" person. Some people are satisfied with knowing just bits and pieces and small components of their lives and jobs, and don't really feel the need to try to connect-the-dots and make sense of the big picture like I always do. This is why, I think, it takes me time to feel comfortable in any new situation. I've been working the help desk at AOL for a year and a half....and we cover such a diverse list of stuff that any "big picture" would be hard to assemble....but I have finally gotten that "I understand" feeling that I long for in any new position. So....I guess that means it's time for me to move on...hehe. That seems to be what I do. I get this kind of feeling....and get bored and leave.
I had today (Friday) and will have Monday off. Originally it was just Paid Time Off (PTO) I had to burn....then I planned my A+ certification test around it. So I studied today and cleaned my apartment between chapters of my A+ book. Although I thoroughly understand what I was going over....this is kind of how I like to prepare for big tests. I fully intend to ace this test.
I've always been a very good test-taker. I still laugh at how I ended up getting a 1.8 GPA in high school....mostly cuz I never did homework and had a horrendous 9th grade...and then doubled that GPA in college.
Having quit smoking cigs has been something overdue. It's funny how most people that met me would see me smoking and be like...."you SMOKE???? I didn't take you for a smoker." Yeah I'm not anymore. Smoking is bad mmmmkay? It's been 6 weeks now. Last time, a year and a half ago, I quit for 3 months, then had a stressful week and then went back. But I can't do that again. Besides, smoking definitely limits your "marketability" on the singles market. You see peronal ads that say "non smoker seeks no smoker" but you never see "smoker seeks smoker." So by not smoking I like really increase my possibilities. This didn't help when I didn't smoke, before I turned 25, but it can't hurt anyway....
Well hopefully I will write more often in the next week and not have so much to say next time, hehe......
