Yesterday Donovan McNabb, our MVP candidate quarterback and the heart and soul of the Eagles, got hurt for 6-8 weeks. He broke his ankle on the third play of the game--and yet somehow came in (before anyone knew it was broken) limping and hobbling and threw 4 touchdown passes as we blew out the Cardinals. Him being hurt is really going to suck. Although the Eagles are 7-3, we'll probably be lucky to make the playoffs now.
It's been kind of funny at work today. A lot of people have come up to me and told me "sorry to hear about McNabb" or something like that. You'd think a member of my family died.
A good thing did happen yesterday though. The guy brought the application for Mayo clinic. I just filled out my "rough draft." His wife said I should do a rough draft, so she and her IT connections could look it over to "spice it up" if they felt it needed it. It would be very nice to get a real job with any kind of pay raise. John is talking 40 grand a year, I'd be happy with 30-32k. I am tired of reading and seeing news about my company's shady deals and how the whole business is gonna come crashing down.
It's been kind of funny at work today. A lot of people have come up to me and told me "sorry to hear about McNabb" or something like that. You'd think a member of my family died.
A good thing did happen yesterday though. The guy brought the application for Mayo clinic. I just filled out my "rough draft." His wife said I should do a rough draft, so she and her IT connections could look it over to "spice it up" if they felt it needed it. It would be very nice to get a real job with any kind of pay raise. John is talking 40 grand a year, I'd be happy with 30-32k. I am tired of reading and seeing news about my company's shady deals and how the whole business is gonna come crashing down.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home