It's nice and cold outside. I like it. I don't think my roommate likes it that I turn the thermostat down to 65 though. She keeps it at like 73. That's like gag-me heat. But I never see her anyway. The temp sure does freak out my cat. She's been running around like a nut all morning, and for the last few days. I guess it's good that she can run around, though, since she's almost 12. At least she is healthy. Supposedly, in cat years, she the equivalent of 80 or something. I never believed in those "cat year" things though.
Last night I ran by my Mayo clinic app to Linda, the lady I've known for years from R.P.'s. She really liked how I wrote it. Today I have to rewrite my resume and send it to her in email, then bring the "final draft" of the app to her place tonight. She seems really optimistic that I will get a job there and be able to make at least 32 grand. I am not as optimistic as she, but all I need is an interview, and I know I'll get a job. The best thing would be the ability to actually move up in a job, instead of the ominous prospect of having to move to VA for what would be a cost-of-living-factored pay cut. Especially with the quicksand our company is in. Yesterday we got email saying sorry, but there will be no holiday parties paid for by the company at any AOL Time Warner locations. Nice for morale huh. I know why they did it, but man.....how many people will be wanting to leave now? It's like we got an email saying, "We're in bad shape, and too poor to fund any holiday parties."
Yesterday I had a rare good conversation with my boss. I'd told him I was applying for a job and was listing him as a reference. He got really friendly after I told him what these people at the clinic make. I think he wants out of AOL also. At least I can say that he has good analytical skills, even if he's not all that great with people. His blowing off our whole "ordeal" is unacceptable for a manager. But, I suppose I should just get over it.
Blockbuster and Books A Million haven't called me at all about my job apps there for a part time job. I guess either my hours were too restrictive, or maybe I'm too "old" or overqualified. I put in to work both days of the Thanksgiving holiday here at AOL....although I will likely only get one of those days. A lot of people want to work these holidays now. Bastards. Anyway, I feel like I am coming out of the last few debt-ridden months and can finally start to see some finanancial flexibility....made better since I will be cashing in some hours of PTO at the end of the year. Maybe soon I'll have a "real" job too.
My friend Amber is buying a house. It makes me kind of jealous, and embarrassed at the same time. I feel like now, I'm 33, and I certainly expected to be in my own house by now. Most of my friends my age have their own houses....although they might be pretty deep in debt. But this apartment sucks. In a way, it makes me feel like a failure. But then, I'm not overall an unhappy person.....so I just have to go do what I gotta do. People like my mom and others try to tell me I need to quit AOL and start a whole new career. No way do I want to do that. I will most likely stick it out until I find a tech job in the right situation.
Well that's enough writing here. I just woke up so damn early cuz my nose keeps getting stuffed up. Now it's off to Publix to get a sub for lunch and some sinus meds....
Last night I ran by my Mayo clinic app to Linda, the lady I've known for years from R.P.'s. She really liked how I wrote it. Today I have to rewrite my resume and send it to her in email, then bring the "final draft" of the app to her place tonight. She seems really optimistic that I will get a job there and be able to make at least 32 grand. I am not as optimistic as she, but all I need is an interview, and I know I'll get a job. The best thing would be the ability to actually move up in a job, instead of the ominous prospect of having to move to VA for what would be a cost-of-living-factored pay cut. Especially with the quicksand our company is in. Yesterday we got email saying sorry, but there will be no holiday parties paid for by the company at any AOL Time Warner locations. Nice for morale huh. I know why they did it, but man.....how many people will be wanting to leave now? It's like we got an email saying, "We're in bad shape, and too poor to fund any holiday parties."
Yesterday I had a rare good conversation with my boss. I'd told him I was applying for a job and was listing him as a reference. He got really friendly after I told him what these people at the clinic make. I think he wants out of AOL also. At least I can say that he has good analytical skills, even if he's not all that great with people. His blowing off our whole "ordeal" is unacceptable for a manager. But, I suppose I should just get over it.
Blockbuster and Books A Million haven't called me at all about my job apps there for a part time job. I guess either my hours were too restrictive, or maybe I'm too "old" or overqualified. I put in to work both days of the Thanksgiving holiday here at AOL....although I will likely only get one of those days. A lot of people want to work these holidays now. Bastards. Anyway, I feel like I am coming out of the last few debt-ridden months and can finally start to see some finanancial flexibility....made better since I will be cashing in some hours of PTO at the end of the year. Maybe soon I'll have a "real" job too.
My friend Amber is buying a house. It makes me kind of jealous, and embarrassed at the same time. I feel like now, I'm 33, and I certainly expected to be in my own house by now. Most of my friends my age have their own houses....although they might be pretty deep in debt. But this apartment sucks. In a way, it makes me feel like a failure. But then, I'm not overall an unhappy person.....so I just have to go do what I gotta do. People like my mom and others try to tell me I need to quit AOL and start a whole new career. No way do I want to do that. I will most likely stick it out until I find a tech job in the right situation.
Well that's enough writing here. I just woke up so damn early cuz my nose keeps getting stuffed up. Now it's off to Publix to get a sub for lunch and some sinus meds....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home